3 tbs butter
3 tbs flour
250 ml cream
200 ml chicken broth
40 g grated parmesan cheese
fresh ground black pepper
250 g cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
150 g cooked rice
250 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour, and whisk for 1 minute.
4. Gradually stir in half and half cream and chicken broth; bring to a light boil, and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened; add in grated Parmesan cheese (you can use as much as you desire) salt and pepper.
5. Fold in the cooked chicken, rice, mushrooms, peppers and parsley.
6. Transfer to a prepared casserole dish.
7. Cover, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the rice is done, and the casserole is bubbly.
Terra d'Oro Deaver Ranch Old Vine Zinfandel (2007)
The 2007 Terra d'Oro Deaver Vineyard Zinfandel is a Grandfather among Zinfandels. The wine has a classic Amador blend of spices including allspice, cardamom and clove that fills out an intense spice rack. The flavors of ripe plum make this wine a rich Zinfandel from a historic vineyard and pairs well with grilled flank steak and fresh homemade salsa.
Your dreamy kit
Shop in a sec